Source :
In Kolkata, a stuntman died during a World Record attempt as he tried to cross the river on a zip-wire which is attached only to his hair.

Sailendra Nath Roy,  a 49-year-old Police driver, was attempting to cross the turbulent River called Teesta on Sunday in the state of West Bengal on a 180-metre wire above the water.

Source :

He was half way through the stunt when his ponytail stuck while he his attempting his World Record in the Wheeler of the rope and he was left hanging in the mid-air for about 25 minutes.

Hundred of People initially cheered him on, but then it began screaming in horror when they saw that Sailendra was desperately attempt to move forward.

Mr Roy, a police home guard of kolkata ,West Bengal already held the Guinness World Record for the farthest distance travelled on a zip wire using his hair.

"Roy tried frantically to get hold of a second rope to reach the finishing point," senior local police officer K. Jayaram told. Mr Roy attempted to free himself after his ponytail had stuck in the wheeler and then tried to contnue the crossing using only his hands to make the Guinness World Record.

However, local media said he then suffered with a massive cardiac arrest.

After seeing something went wrong , Rescuers brought him down from the Coronation Bridge about 45 minutes later. He then was admitted to hospital in Siliguri, 450 kilometers away where he was declared dead by the doctors of a suspected heart attack.

Roy, who was wearing a life-jacket over his shirt and carrying the Indian Flag, achieved the Guinness World Record in 2011 in which he covered 82.5 meters on a zip wire while attached by his hair at a hotel in the desert state of Rajasthan.

He had held several Guinness World Records for pulling vehicles with his hair.

Source :

Last year, he attracted global attention when he dragged a 42-tonne train of Darjeeling Himalayan Railway for 2.5 metres.

Siliguri police commissioner K. Jairaman said Roy had not acquired the necessary permission for the stunt and also Roy was not on duty at the time of his death.

Mr. Roys is married father and had two sons. His younger brother Benoy, who was witnessing his brother's stunt for the first time told " We were proud of his bravery. He was sure to win butdestiny has taken his life and the most beloved member of our family as well."

Check Video Below -: